Applicants whose occupation is listed in SOL (Skilled Occupation List) may eligible to apply for below visa category.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Sub Class 189) – This is 5 years’ visa comes with the Permanent Residency Status. Applicant must stay in Australia for 2 years to be eligible for renewal of this visa for another 5 years & Applicant must stay in Australia for 4 years consecutively to be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Sub Class 190) – This is 5 years’ visa which gives Permanent residency status. Applicant must stay in the state which nominates the applicant for the minimum period of 2 years to be eligible for renewal of visa and applicant must stay for 4 consecutive years in Australia to be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship
- Skilled Regional (Provisional Visa) (subclass 489) – This is Provisional Visa for 4 years , Applicant must work & live in the state which nominated the applicant for the minimum of 2 years to be eligible to convert the status into Permanent Resident Visa status Via Sub Class- 887
Applicants whose occupation is listed in CSOL (Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List) for State Nomination may eligible to apply for below visas.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Sub Class 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional Visa) (subclass 489)
Why do we need to apply for Sub class 190 or Sub class 489 ? when your occupation is in the SOL list and you can apply for the most preferred visa option – subclass 189.
The answer to above is, if the applicant isn’t meeting 60 points to be eligible for Australian Migration then state nomination awards additional points which are 5 & 10 points for subclass 190 & subclass 489 respectively. State is awarding the points so you can make 60 points & be eligible to apply for Australian Migration. In return, the particular state would want the applicant to live & work in that particular state for minimum of 2 years to contribute to their economy. After completing 2 years’ period – applicant can relocate to anywhere in Australia & gets eligible for the renewal of Visa. However state expects the long term commitment from the applicant to reside in the area.
The Crux is, applicants occupations under SOL list may target for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass-189) & also the state nomination at the same time to widen the selection probability.
Call us at +9714 284 4414 or email your CV – firstname.lastname@example.org to know your eligibility.